A forum to share, learn, and advocate. Join the discussion.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.  In time, I hope to regularly post on this blog and display it on my website, but as I'm new to all of this, I appreciate your patience.   

I titled this "Take On Mental Health" for two reasons. 

First, I'd like to offer my take on things- some of which may be atypical- and this is a good forum to do that. Pass it along if it appeals to you, and if it doesn't, just pass.

Secondly, it's time to really Take On mental health. It's time to put down our collective feet and stand up to stigma and insist on appropriate resources in our communities.  I want us to insist on skilled practitioners, ethical practices, and good patient care. We need to know our rights and advocate for them. It's time to lift our voices and give life to our stories, millions in number, that make up this industry. It's time to learn, to educate, to inspire.

I hope you'll join me in the discussion. I have things to say and questions to ask, and I would love nothing more than to hear from anyone in the same position. If you have any ideas for topics or things you would like to discuss, you can reach me here

Thank you for reading, and please take care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment